Hannah and Drew

Our journey from engagement to the beyond!

Monday, July 11, 2005



This is us last September. Seems like a long time ago now. It was taken at Mark's (Drew's best friend from high school) wedding, in San Luis Obispo. The last time we went anywhere together! Back before I knew anything was wrong with Drew's body and he knew he had the pressure sore infection. This week we found out it should be 4-6 wks more of the current regimen. Hopefully soon after we could go away for a weekend!

This weekend I went to Fresno to check in on my family. My grandparents are still kicking at 83! They recently got back from a 3 wk cross country stint! Y'know they needed to "find themselves". They went all the way to Penn to see my aunt and her family and came back through Canada on the train. Earlier this year they took a cruise to Mexico. They never cease to amaze with their sense of adventure. A few years ago they went all the way to the Ukraine to visit our ancestors' stomping grounds. While I was in town, I tried on my grandma's wedding dress and veil. I was hoping I could alter her satin dress but it's damaged from being in a box for years. So that's probably not going to work. I think I'll use the veil though. No photos or I'll ruin the surprise for Drew.


Peter had gone camping with a bunch of friends from high school near Bass Lake. He was very sunburned when he came home to Jenna and their dacshund, Guy. Jenna had been at Magic Mtn and was also beat so we only hung out for a bit. They have comfy, new brown suede couches. I'm jealous since we still have none due to the huge bed of sand in living room. Hopefully that will be gone in a month or so. Then we could have people over to our low income housing more!


Edward is growing his facial hair out into a pseudo beard and it has some red it in! He IS my brother ;) My dad had that, too. We had some good talks and he is growing up a lot this year. He's been through a lot and I am impressed with his resolve to make positive changes. His temperment is much calmer which may be due to a female influence ;) My grandma was happy to find he's become less of a picky eater and now gives her hugs. I was happy to discover he likes one of my favorite bands, Radiohead. Who knew? He's excited about starting city college in the fall & is reconsidering medicine. As a kid he wanted to be a cardiologist. Peter wants to go into psychology. I'm very glad they're thinking about the future and are genuinely interested in different fields.

Drew and I have been enjoying going through old books in St. Clement's library. Who knew old books could be fun? Well, okay-maybe I did but Drew's been surprised. We've found familiar '80's character books as well as way outdated history and tech books. He likes the old sports and car stuff as well as the '40-'50's perspectives on American history. Yeah, we both do, it's funny. And then we get into polically charged intellectual conversations. His mom comes by and tells us we're having too much fun. I think it's proof Drew should go into teaching. Stay tuned ;) I even found a childhood fav about a French mouse, Anatole, I used to check out from my school library. It was old then but it's so cute.

This month I'll be registering for my fall classes. I will be focusing on my credential requirements, taking a break from the MA reqs for a bit. I will do Poly Sci, Econ and Philosophy. Since I never took those subjects as an undergrad, except de facto through discussions with friends who did, that will be uncharted territory for me. I look forward to improving my skills in those areas. I have had a headache already with my grades. One prof from last semester claims he never got my final. It was in class! He has one with no name that I have to hope was mine. I had to send him my midterm so he could compare the handwriting. Sheesh, just what I need! I hope it gets resolved fast.

I am also coordinating a bridesmaid get together with my Calif girls this month. I won't make Marg make the trek from TX! I'm planning on trying on dresses and showing Angie (right photo) around the Bay area. I hope we can see the Wedding Crashers, too. Laurel and I already went to SF to look at dresses. I tried on some beautiful ones but they were very $$$! This week I hope Drew, his parents and I find a place for the reception. We're gonna see some places that look great. Fingers crossed! I'll post photos when we decide on one. Have a great week, everyone.



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurel Beck said...

Hannah!

What a busy week for you, and it is great news to hear what's going on in your family's life. Keep the posts coming...it is a great way for me to keep tabs on ya! Looking forward to going shopping with you again. Later,Laurel

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home