Hannah and Drew

Our journey from engagement to the beyond!

Friday, January 02, 2009

I discovered a singer I never knew about. Her name is Janis Ian. To those of you who know her you're probably thinking how could you not? I guess my mom was a big fan of hers when she was young. But anyway, I think these two songs, in particular are pretty amazing.


I stumbled across this song in the most random way. Just shows you how you never know how you will discover something. I was watching an episode of the Brady Bunch because I was bored and didn't feel like grading papers. It was a later episode about Jan, who was always my favorite. She always felt inadequate as a teen and so did I. I thought she ended up just as pretty as Marcia if not more so, so Viva Jan! I was thinking this episode must have been in the last season but I wasn't sure. So out of curiosity, I looked it up online and stumbled across a listing for a Brady Bunch episode I know I never saw in the rerun line-up. It was about neighbors of the Brady's adopting multi-ethnic kids and the racist backlash from other neighbors. Pretty provocative for the Brady Bunch! I wanted to watch it so I thought maybe I could find the episode on You Tube. No luck there but I found a "tribute" video to Jan set to "At Seventeen"... so all was not lost... I had to ask my mom for more info about it because the video did not give the name of the song or singer.



She reminds me of Carole King so I posted 2 of my favorites songs of hers, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home