Hannah and Drew

Our journey from engagement to the beyond!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Something to distract me from being laid off on Friday. The things in bold I've done.

1. Started your own blog (duh, two of them)
2. Slept under the stars (in college at the beach)
3. Played in a band (elementary school band-flute)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower (No but I've seen a shooting star and aurora borielis)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity (I've only given what I could)
7. Been to Disneyland (Several times, stayed at the campground once)
8. Climbed a mountain (Does the hill to my apt in Oakland count?)
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo (in church I think)
11. Bungee jumped (I've repelled down a mountain with a bungee rope)
12. Visited Paris (3 times, at 12, 17 and 25, Ah Paris)
13. Watched a lightening storm (My brothers and I chased a storm to Millerton Lake)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (I have the mixed media paintings to prove it)
15. Adopted a child (Not yet!)
16. Had food poisoning (Damn Starbucks lettuce)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables(helped my mom with her veg garden)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (Yup, it's not very big)
20. Slept overnight on a train (On the way to Michigan. Workers went on strike somewhere around Nebraska and they ran out of food.)
21. Had a pillow fight (slumber party!)
22. Hitch hiked (Not technically, but I once accepted a ride from the train station with strangers because I couldn't get a hold of anyone to give me a ride and the bus had stopped running. Never do this! The driver was not sober...)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (Um, today. Hey, they laid me off...)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb (Baby Baa? Oh a real one. I think so at the fair.)
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (I rode the transport boat into Venice)
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (several times, yes)
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise (To Alaska)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (Yep, pretty cool)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (I visited my birthplace in Belfort, France. I saw a few places in the Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland we know some ancestors must have lived, but no specifics. Someday I will go to the Ukraine to see the village were some were buried)
35. Seen an Amish community (I'm Mennonite... you do the math)
36. Taught yourself a new language (my friend in 5th grade and I made up our own hieroglyphics)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person (Yup)
39. Gone rock climbing (I did in 6th grade at camp)
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (This is why I need to go to Florence. Been everywhere else in Italy almost)
41. Sung karaoke (De La Guerra cafeteria...)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa (go kicked out of Algeria at 3 months old)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (of course)
46. Been transported in an ambulance (only my husband has had the pleasure, they wouldn't bring me with him)
47. Had your portrait painted (By me ;0 )
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person (Amazing!)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (I think it was under construction when we went. But I have seen it.)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain (of course, I live by SF...)
53. Played in the mud (lots of mud pies at one point)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie (well that was me in Anne of Green Gables, right ;))
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen (in high school)
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching (I have seen whales while watching the ocean in Alaska)
63. Got flowers for no reason (just for being my lovely self :))
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (Needles and I don't get along)
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp (no but I have been to E. Germany which in 1990 looked like WWII had just happened)
67. Bounced a check (sure)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (many)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt (I may have helped my grandma at one point but I don't think so)
73. Stood in Times Square (I think so, yes. No pics though :()
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job (why, yes just on Friday thank you for reminding me)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone (no but I lost my big toenail in 3rd grade by dropping a brick on it)
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book (someday)
81. Visited the Vatican (yup saw the Swiss guards and everything)
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (school newspaper twice, once as a student, once as a teacher)
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve (Does 4th of July count?)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox (8th grade)
89. Saved someone’s life (my husband's for a few months)
90. Sat on a jury (came this close but I could not do it)
91. Met someone famous (Ron Howard, John Cleese, Bonnie Raitt, Jimmy Smitts. All while working retail)
92. Joined a book club (I started one recently)
93. Got a tattoo (morningglory on my back)
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone (ha!)
99. Been stung by a bee (we were playing dead in 3rd on the grass, I got up with a bee sting)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home