Hannah and Drew

Our journey from engagement to the beyond!

Sunday, July 17, 2005




Don't these look like they're from the tropics? I took these photos on campus at SF state. With my camera phone no less! I took them in the spring but I don't know anything more about the flowers. Don't ask me what they're called cuz I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

Still no word about my grade. Argh! So impatient about that. So frustrating but I probably won't know til next month. I'll probably be stressing about it when school starts the 22nd of Aug. Still trying to find a long term library job. I really would like to keep a low key job while school is so intense. Library jobs are so much more so than bookstores. The library on campus rarely hires anyone. I keep checking but they never are. And I can't work very much since I'll have 4 classes to keep on track to finish my credential and masters in under 3 yrs.

We went to three reception site locations this week. the Scottish Rite Center in Oakland by Lake Merritt, Holy Redeemer Center (formerly a seminary for Cath Redemtorist priests) in the Oakland hills and the Piedmont Veteran's Memorial in Piedmont (Oakland's Clovis, a very small suburb in the hills). We liked them all for different reasons. Yes, I know Veteran's Memorial and Mennonite don't compute but when you have the limitations we do ppl will have to get over it! We're trying to narrow it down this weekend. Yeah, I know it's Monday officially now. We want to talk to the Piedmont one a little further since we went on a Saturday. They are all accessible & reasonable. As much as wedding prices go! We are on a strict budget so...We like the patios at Holy Redeemer and Piedmont. More airy than Scottish Rite. We also have some date issues between those two due to the caterer we'd have to use and the church we want. So many things to coordinate! But we'll find the right place for us.

The most stressful though is that Drew has ANOTHER pressure sore. Just appeared this wknd and we're already treating it with something from the wound specialist. Drew will see him Wednesday. I'd post a photo but, I think you'd rather I didn't. It's just frustrating and scary. It's still small, the size of a quarter, so hopefully we can take care of it quickly and not go through this whole ordeal with cutting out a mass of infected tissue again. Please think of him and us this week. Thanks a lot!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home