Here are our wedding sites! And our new date is Saturday, July 22, 2006. The top photo is the church, duh, Lake Merritt Methodist. The bottom is the reception hall, Holy Redeemer Center also in Oakland. Yes, there is a handicap entrance around the other side. There is also a great patio at Holy Redeemer. The center used to be a seminary for priests. There's still a residence for them on the site as well as many trees and a large grassy area. Lake Merritt Methodist is a beautiful location with all those sanctuary windows overlooking the lake which was first made a bird refuge in the early 1900's. It has been called the "jewel" of Oakland. The panels on the wall at the church are beautiful mosaics. We like that it has chairs instead of pews to make a configuration most convienient for Drew. We're very happy with our locations, they are affordable and have nice people working in them. Please reference our website at theknot.com (just put in one of our full names in the couples section of the home page). We will keep updating. We are working on the catering (probably will be Italian food, so come hungry!) and the photography, at the present.
That is when we are through taking care of Drew's medical condition. His second pressure sore has grown a little (it's still only the size of a 50 cent piece, in comparison to the palm pilot sized one they cut away in October) but is getting redder on the edges, a sign of healing. The rest is black and liver consistancy. It appeared last Wed and the nurses ave been paying special care to it. I also put an ointment wound care prescribed for the time being on it every night w/a dry gauze bandage. He sees the wound care specialist tomorrow so we'll know more then what the further course of action will be. I am dismayed they didn't have him come in immediately Monday morning. He may need to be in the hospital again, for a shorter time. We hope they can do it outpatient at the wound care center tomorrow but we don't know. He is very unhappy with the care he's received there since they have failed to prevent a second infection and have not made physical therapy a priority. Obv they could just have referred us as they wouldn't do that there. So frustrating! I'm learning a lot about things I would never have know about. At least until I was much older. And definitely about being assertive about the care of those I love.
I hope to have more (as happy as can be!) news for you tomorrow.
Labels: Drew's health, Summer 2005, wedding

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home