Hannah and Drew

Our journey from engagement to the beyond!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Santa Barbara Leadbetter Beach

I just wanted to let everybody know my grandma had her surgery today at 2:30PM. It went very well according to my grandpa. They put a plate in her hip where it fractured. The surgery she had about a yr or 1.5 yrs ago was on her vertebrae so it's a diff place. When they did that procedure they inserted a cement in btwn the vertebrae.

Also, I'm trying to get my volunteer placement (for my early fieldwork) in a high school and try to fit it in btwn my job at Assumption and my SFSU classes. I may have to drop one of my classes. Even though I'm not req'd to take, I'm enrolled in a Jewish history and a Byzantine history class as well as my fieldwork. I couldn't get financial aid unless I signed up for 3 classes. I just have to take units so I went for those in case I'd ever be asked to teach world or Euro history. So, I've paid for the 3 already... They're interesting. But it's hard to do it all. I have a few wks to decide if it's doable.

I'm really hating the early mornings for the TA job. After several years of working til midnight and having evening classes I'm just not on that schedule. It's really hard to switch over. Note to self: primary and secondary education discriminates against insomniacs. Also, while one would expect me to be getting sick from the little germy kids I'm almost positive I've been getting it from adults. Before school even started the teacher I work with at Assumption was sick and is still getting over it. She hasn't taken any time off. On Thu I met with a friend who might have had a cold and reinfected me, making me sick this wknd. The kids have been staying home when they're sick which is a good thing! The lack of sleeping isn't helping. I've been trying but I'm getting immune to Tylenol PM. The last few times when I take it at like 9PM I wake up at 3 wide awake! When I try to sleep on my own I can't fall asleep til like 1...

We heard that papaya is supposed to aid with digestion. Drew made a papaya sorbet that's really good... wish me luck with sleeping...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita Sarah Jackson said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma but glad she's come through the surgery well. And I hope you get those benefits! Thinking of zzzz's for you...
-Anita

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home