Sept 30: Happy Birthday to me... here's photos of my Oakland BBQ/Soul Food birthday. It was fun with a bun in the sun. Sorry, I had to grade a bunch of poems rhyming with the word "sun" today. 
Anyway, it was a good time with good food and music. We had brisket, links and chicken. The BBQ beans were really good. I thought even better than the meat. Good thing we got extra ;) The service left some to be desired but I think we all had a good time. Also, I got a call from my aunt that my cousin Rachel had her second baby boy that night! I finally have a birthday twin :) Recently, Drew's good friend, Jerry and his wife Jamie, had their first son. So many babies!
**Drew and I **
**my friend, Christine (half hidden by flowers), Kathleen and Rodrigo**
**Laurel, Daniel and Amy**
It's a cute place. We sat in the lounge section. And the music... the guy (pictured on the left) was about 90. Man, he still had a lot of energy! He has jumping around so much it was like watching Green Day or something. Only a few friends could make it out that night (apparently it's a popular b-day among my friends' friends) Laurel brought Baby Vera out, which was great. Her poor husband, Daniel, was exhausted from putting in their central heating that day. I guess that's how it is now, married and on the verge of 30. We're tired from domestic things not cuz we were up too late having fun.
The verge of 30-kind of scary. Those of you who've been there I'm sure remember it well. Turning 29, I felt a little like I did when I turned 9, except without crying. 8 was always my favorite number, I did not want to turn 9. I was very comfortable being 28, at least the number. The year sucked except for the wedding. I should be allowed to do 27 and 28 over. Then Drew should be allowed to take his thimble and go back to 22nd Ave. Or be 22 again. But we can't move back, only forward. So Vera and I are at very diff stages of life. That's her just after being born about 6 wks ago. Since you can't see her in the other photo. She's almost 2 mos, I'm 20 + 9. Although we were talking about how 30 is supp to be the new 20. I really wouldn't want to be 20 again. I still had acne. And I think the next few yrs will be good. After a couple of years of crap I'm ready to be optimistic again.
Labels: Fall 2006, Hannah's Birthday, Laurel and Vera

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home