Here's proof I'm working ;) This was "teacher switch" day when the 6th grade came to our classroom. You can't see my face but you can see the hair. This has been a crazy time. Phew! I just turned in my application for the year long credential program for this coming fall. I discovered I should be able to get a second BA (in history) this semester... I've completed all the work as far as the history dept is concerned just by starting work for the MA and credential program's pre-reqs. The app for a BA is already late but the only reason I need it is to attempt to get all my loans repaid thru this teacher program APLE. They'll reimburse me for work done toward a BA and credential only. So, it's a last minute decision. I'll have to pay more fees to petition for the degree but it'll be worth it in the end if it works out! And it won't hurt to officially have the history diploma when I look for a history teaching job. Last night, I also had to do a presentation for my archaeology class about Pompeii. I took the class because I thought it would be fun. I've been fascinated by Pompeii since I was 9 and 20 yrs later I feel like an expert. It has turned out to be a lot of work and the class is almost all grad students in classics or archaeology. So that was intimidating but it went pretty well. I did a Powerpoint presentation for the first time. I'm learning a lot about building materials and ways to build with lava...Drew has made his career decision that he wants to be a accessibility consultant to people in the building/architecture world. He's researching how he can go about doing this since he'd kind of be creating the field. We've already encountered some resistance ("there are already laws about that" bla bla) but the access situation is something that really needs more effective oversight. Someone in his position would be of the most effective kind. If anyone has ideas about how to pursue this please email me!
He has had some trouble with the foot that's heel had a sore. That is really totally healed but a few inches above that there's a little hole that has been regularly leaking a lot of blood. It's gotten better so we hope it will not continue to be a problem.
I'm hoping to get some work tutoring this summer. I will miss seeing some of our third graders. One of them told me today that I had to stay longer than I usually do at Assumption tomorrow because "some people" had valentines for me. Aw... if you have time to check it out both our wedding photographer and invitation designer have things from our wedding featured on their websites. www.cpk-photography.com and www.invitedink.com (under love nouveau) It's hard to believe it's been seven months! Well, I hope everyone has a nice V day and long weekend if you get it. I have my Pompeii class but no work. Drew and I have been planning to go away for awhile. Maybe we can do it in a few weeks when I have St Joseph's day off from Assumption.
Labels: Assumption, Drew's health, jobs, Winter 2006-7

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home