Hannah and Drew

Our journey from engagement to the beyond!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!
Photos from the train ride ...

These are from the delta area, near Antioch and Martinez. The weather was great on Tues and Thu so between reading Anna Comnena I took some photos from my seat. I spent Tues and Wed in Fresno to have some type of Thanksgiving holiday with my family. Tues evening with my mom, Wed with my grandparents. Then I came back to the Bay Area to spend Thurs with Drew's family. Last year Drew and I didn't have Thanksgiving or Christmas day together. It's always a juggling act.

My grandma was very upset she couldn't make dinner this year. She really shouldn't have the last few years but she insisted. She's 84 and still tries to run around. My cousin Doug and his wife went down from Millbrae and my aunt and uncle who live near Fresno cooked dinner for my grandparents and bros. I wasn't there in the afternoon but I know my grandma had been very worried they would have trouble. Like they aren't adults! At least she's not trying to get up herself. A therapist comes twice a week and an attendant to help bathe three times a week. Now she wants to go in a home. That takes some pressure off my grandpa. But he still helps her get to the bathroom. He uses a harness and walker. Says it doesn't hurt his back cuz it gives a lot of support. He, my grandma and my uncle have looked at a few senior citizen homes. But she's quite depressed about it all.

Drew's heel is looking much better now. Hopefully soon it will be totally healed without needing any procedure. Please keep him in your thoughts. We'd like to travel together for Christmas so we can spend part with my and part with his family.





Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home