
All right, I guess I lied. It's been almost a year since our last post so I guess I haven't spent more time on the blog this year. I did update the pancreatic cancer walk post to include photos and what I said at the dedication for my dad last spring. And I included links for more photos of our place here in San Jose in the moving post. So check through the last 3 posts for those changes. I have been busy working on curriculum and getting ready to fill out job applications. And I've been tutoring and teaching AVID part time. There are finally starting to be some job openings listed for Southern California, mostly for charter schools. Last week I went to a job fair in Costa Mesa. It was quite small (only about 10 districts) and there were not any school districts doing interviews. Also some of the districts were not in Southern California (San Francisco Unified was there!) or even California at all! Denver and Phoenix districts were there! But I did get a few leads on possibilities. I am in the process of doing applications for those possibilities.
When we were in the L.A. area we stopped in Newport Beach, near where we were in Costa Mesa, to go to the beach. It reminded me a lot of Santa Barbara. It had to same kind of pier and little plaza with a walking path. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera so these are cell phone photos. We'll be going back down South again soon to look for apartments/rental houses and hopefully for me to interview for jobs. In Drew's comedy news he will be on TV in the Bay Area next Wed, Apr 27 at 4:30 PM on Comcast channel 15/CRTV 2. The show is called All About Town. They may also rebroadcast for Bay Area Backstage so we'll let you know about that. They filmed him doing stand up last night at Pizza Jack's in San Jose. We'll be DVRing it and we'll try to post the video of it here. So stay tuned! Have a happy Easter!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home