I'm In!
I have no idea what kind of tree this is outside our door, but it has exploded with blossoms lately. It makes me think of this quote from Anne of Green Gables, "I was beginning to be afraid you weren't coming for me today. So I made up my mind to climb up that big, wild cherry tree and wait for you until morning. It would be so lovely to sleep in a wild cherry tree, all silvery in the moonshine, don't you think?" Don't worry, I haven't been sleeping in the tree. Drew's sore has basically healed over , so he has been able to get out of bed somewhat. We won't be able to travel anywhere for the Easter holiday, but we're relieved that it hasn't taken 9 months to heal!
So, I found out yesterday that I was accepted to the History MA program at Sacramento State! I won't have to do any History prerequisites because I did them at San Francisco State in preparation for my teaching credential. The program is two years long and starts in the Fall. Then, hopefully, I will start my PhD. My emphasis will be in Disability History, which very few people are studying. I hope that the work I do in my research might even have a positive impact on policy regarding wheelchair access and disability rights. The family for whom I tutor knows that I will be starting graduate work in the Fall. Hopefully, I can continue tutoring their daughter while I am in grad school. I tutor her primarily in History. This is the dept's page: http://www.csus.edu/hist/index.html
So, I found out yesterday that I was accepted to the History MA program at Sacramento State! I won't have to do any History prerequisites because I did them at San Francisco State in preparation for my teaching credential. The program is two years long and starts in the Fall. Then, hopefully, I will start my PhD. My emphasis will be in Disability History, which very few people are studying. I hope that the work I do in my research might even have a positive impact on policy regarding wheelchair access and disability rights. The family for whom I tutor knows that I will be starting graduate work in the Fall. Hopefully, I can continue tutoring their daughter while I am in grad school. I tutor her primarily in History. This is the dept's page: http://www.csus.edu/hist/index.html

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home