Hannah and Drew

Our journey from engagement to the beyond!

Friday, September 02, 2005

Happy Friday everyone. I've had my first week of my 2nd year of grad school. This semester I have an awful Thurs. I start at 9:30 AM (meaning I have to get up at 7 when I don't take a shower in the morning!) and don't finish til 9:30 PM! I am having a hard time staying awake thru that day. Tues is bad, too, because I have a night class on Mon and Tues I still have my early class though I finish at 3:30 in the afternoon. Can't be helped though. Sacrifices for getting smarter I guess ;) Plus the home nurse comes really early now MWF. I slept almost all day today.
My favorite new show is Tommy Lee Goes to College...he's the guy from Motley Crue, now 42. Yeah, you must watch it, it's totally funny!

Speaking of funny, I love this vintage postcard of Lake Merritt. Back when Oakland was literally a cowtown! Speaking of Oakland, check out our A's tonight. Drew was very happy they won against the Yankees (who he HATES) 12 to nothing! I'm actually learning about the game enough to keep up now. Then, there's football...not so much.

I'm so sad about New Orleans! It's so awful and I still hadn't been there. Remember, I was trying to go to grad school for art history there a few yrs ago! I'm bummed I'll never get to see it as it was. Of course, the main thing is the terrible situation for the people. I just can't believe it. According to what I've heard, the city had virtually no emergency plan for a hurricane. They were just using voodoo and magic to keep 'em away this long, I guess. I wish I could really donate something but, yeah, I have no $!

So it looks as though Drew will have to have surgery on his 2nd wound. He has decided this is probably inevitable since it hasn't healed at all on it's own. Even with changing the vac so that it's only on that wound, it still hasn't made progress. I'm kind of scared about it and so is he. But looking at (and esp feeling!) that wound makes me scared, too. His antibiotics will be done Tues so they will take his pick (IV) line out. Then that nursing care won't care for him anymore. So we have to find a new home care soon! It's all about his insurance. So that's another challenge. I hope we can meet for menu tasting with our caterer before Drew has his skin flap surgery. We are meeting a couple more photographers this week. I hope we can make that decision soon and take engagement pictures this fall.

My grandparents made a surprise visit this Monday. We had talked about them coming but I didn't know they were for sure. That was cool. I showed my grandma my wedding dress and told her what I'm doing with her veil. I'm combining part of my other grandma's with hers. I have more on it in my knot bio, under my screen name, "hannikan" in the TALK section.



Wouldn't my grandpa laugh at this? Too funny! From fark.com.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home