


More old Oakland postcards for you. The building is an autotorium that doesn't exist anymore. Drew's parents were able to get antibiotics last night. I don't know how well they're working since his temp still gets high after about 30 mins or so. He's got an ice pack on his head and drinks lots of fluids. His general practioner, Dr Gaston, sent in a prescription to hold him over til we can see Villanueva on Tues. I'm pissed at him. I didn't get a good impression of him when we met with him a wk and a half ago. He just said "take the pick line out" and that was it. I mean I assumed part of his shortness with us was due to his not speaking English well. He's Filipino. But I think he just wanted to get out of there. I was glad he offered to write up a note to the insurance for us about the necessity of continued home care since that was still an issue then. But since his focus is "infectious disease" he should've been emphasizing the probability of infection in the wound and determining a course for fighting the infection it seems to me. I just wish these freaking doctors would do their job properly!! Why are we constantly dealing w/ineptitude?! We really like the wound specialist nurse, Bill Bryson, and the wound surgeon, Hamstra but otherwise...**SIGH**

Babar & Pink Panther some of my favorites as a kid...Drew's taking the antibiotics as often as he can. They help for a bit. The wound smells bad, too. That's usu a sign that it's infected. **more sighs**
Hopefully, my friend Angie can make it up from Fresno for my birthday. She's thinking about doing the train. Since I've done that so much I could work for Amtrak, I can help her out there ;) Did I mention we got a Swiffer mop? Best investment ever. Works so fast. Gotta love the purple and teal design. SOoo '80's. At least it isn't actually from the '80's! Maybe we'll get a Swiffer vacuum next. Be better than the 1974 piece of crap.
Drew loves this! Too funny...I'll update ASAP about the new antibiotic and surgery plans.Labels: Drew's health, Fall 2005, Lake Merritt

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home