

She's ba-a-ck... (with her dogs) and she's in town the day before the wedding! Of course... but she's also going to be in Sac on Sept 15th so maybe I give myself an early b-day present then. Fortunately, the obsession is shared in a less maniacal way by Drew and his sister so I'd have ppl to go with me. Although Drew's said why not wait til she's in Cupertino (closer by) in December? Hello, too far off.
So we're busy counting RSVPs and trying to make placecards print out in the right direction. We bought these printable placecard pages at Target that have a downloadable template... that prints them upside down. It's their own brand, with it's own website for these specific cards and they print them the wrong way. Or we're just stupid and can't do it right. But we'll get the magic to happen! Perhaps the reason I like Kathy Griffin so much is that she feels as a D-list celebrity the way I do as a bride. That I'm at the bottom rung of the wedding industry tower. I'm a San Francisco Bay Area bride on an Arkansas budget. I'm Hannah Brandt, D-list Bride ;) Drew is always bailing me out when I try to do some fancy Photoshop involved thing on my own to save funds the way her husband bailed her out by selling her DVDs himself in the lobby at one of her performances. Currently, I have a hair-brained scheme to copy our cool, abstract design from our invites onto more things ourselves so we won't pay to have them letterpressed again. So far, it's not working. Kind of like her auction to buy a wknd with her on eBay to benefit charity. The top 40 bidders bailed on her taking the winnings for charity down from $28,000 to like $6000... ah, the D list...
Her agent doesn't call her back, my bridesmaids don't call me back. I know, everyone's busy but... when you have to find out your best friend from high school's shoe size through her mom (who checks her e-mail more often than her daughter!) that makes me feel like Kathy when the chick from the OC gave Kathy her publicist's number for a Toys for Tots event. "I get it, don't call you at home." I have no coordinator or stylist as my future brother in law called it! When your future brother in law in Sacramento expects you to have a "stylist" and you can't afford one that feels like a wedding D list moment. She has a beautiful home she can't afford to furnish. I have a beautiful church I can't afford to decorate (although it really doesn't need it so I got lucky). Her family supports her career but thinks she's pursuing things all wrong. Everyone's an expert on careers and weddings. She calls numbers at Bingo nights and enters her dogs in fashion shows to get $ to furnish her house or publicity, I comb theknot.com for coupons, free advice and emotional support from strangers... It just strikes me as funny, esp since many girls want to feel like a princess or a celebrity as a bride anyway. I never thought of it that way, so living on the Wedding D list feels natural. And like Kathy, I actually like it better that way. But it is amusing when you look around you to see girls who have these lavish affairs while you're cobbling your own shoes (not really).
But the biggest headache is that Drew's equipment STILL hasn't come! No wheelchair, no bench, no transfer board. If it wasn't such important stuff, it would be a great farce. Due to the fact he has no new chair, his heal has been dragging on the ground and caused a wound. He was being really careful not to let his foot touch the ground (which happens because the chair never fit him quite right). The pedals don't hold his feet right. Before he was bed-ridden he was always checking his heel but I think he forgot about it in the excitement of finally getting out of bed. To be constantly aware of every little thing your body does is just a pain and a chore. We're taking care of it and hopefully, it will heal soon.
D-list updates and etc to come...
Labels: Drew's health, Summer 2006, wedding

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home