The sky I was cursing today as I waited over an hour and a half for a bus to campus... I wanted to go to the library to work on a paper but apparently the Muni gods had other plans! It was a beautiful day except still cold. And now it's raining again. I guess people outside the "charmed" state of California would say only here would you get an electric blue colored sky during the day and rain only at night. This time of year, it starts to get sunny during the day but rains a lot during the night. Us Californians don't like to be inconvienced... that's why few people take the bus...
Went to meet a cake decorator today. She lives in a little coastal town called Pacifica south of SF. Houses with great ocean views that look made of cardboard. Don't know what it is about them but they don't look real but at least they aren't slummy like the places in Daly City. That's the little town just south of SF state. It has a tradition of socialist party local government officials. Maybe that's why it reminds me of East Germany. Oh, I guess it's little "e" in east, now.I saw an episode of Cops a few weeks ago that showcased Fresno. Tonight they're doing Maricopa County, AZ but I've seen a bunch of them in rural or semi-rural parts of CA. I think their TV producers think it's the easiest way to show rednecks without having to leave the state. It's just funny to me because most "rural" places in CA have large and diverse populations and are really more like suburbs unto themselves. But no one knows that. In the Fresno episode they had everything from a Sikh man allegedly abusing his wife, the body of a Mexican farm laborer dumped in an orchard outside the city and a crystal meth drug bust/possible drive by shooting in an industrial part of town. It was from 1997. Between March 27 and April 19, 1997 there were three episodes set in Fresno. All others were in Miami, I'm sure to show contrast. I missed this one: 12 Apr '97 Fresno, Calif.: naked, drugged knife-wielder; marijuana farm; Cowboy, a K-9, sniffs out narcotics. Took me awhile to figure out Cowboy was the dog's name...
Drew still in bed, me still in school everyday but no working. We're trying to get me paid for my "services" through Alameda County (includes Berkeley, Oakland and San Leandro) since I can't have a job right now due to his condition. Kind of makes me sound like a prostitute but, of course, that's not the case at all. Really need some income though. The plastic surgeon insists he can't get up at all (will be 3 months of that in her current statement) despite everything healed except one small part, under a flap of skin. It's hard to be more specific due to the area of the body. She's taken out all the other stitches. He's going crazy. I've put him to work downloading music to my iPod and for the wedding. 4 months away now. Still on.
Labels: Drew's health, SFSU, Spring 2006

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home