Hannah and Drew

Our journey from engagement to the beyond!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Drew got a job!! It's only 3 days a week and like 10 hrs but it's a start. He'll be an after school assistant, from 3-6 pm, at Assumption. He'll help the younger kids with homework, play with them, whatever. He liked the kids he's met so far. Now I'll have an excuse to visit the kids I've gotten to know this year. He's also going to interview at another school for the tech coordinator job. The principal at that school lost her mother so that's been the hold up about that job. It would be during the day so he should be able to do both jobs. We'll see but that would be great!!

Here is my flier about tutoring that I sent home with the kids today. Except they were on colored paper and my photo was black and white. We scanned this page I wrote and pasted a school photo of me on. Just in case parents knew my face but not my name. We scanned it on our printer into the computer and then printed a bunch in black and white on colored paper. Since I subbed this afternoon, I sent them home with third grade. So far, I have one kid lined up from 2nd grade. Hopefully, there will be more.

I also had business cards made with images of 6 Wonders of the World-the pyramids, the Colosseum, Machu Pichu, the Taj Mahal, the Statue of Liberty and the Great Wall of China. They look pretty cool. The kids liked them. Only one weeks and two days left of school. I am looking forward to a break but I'm really bracing myself for the craziness that will be next year. I will take six classes plus observation in the fall. 3 classes plus student teaching in the spring. Phew... I hope I'll learn some valuable stuff and be placed with a good mentor teacher for my student teaching.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home