So now you've seen one of my favorite artists. Here's some of my work. The only one I named is the first one, Searching for Self. I did it summer 2001. When I first moved to the Bay area and met Drew. The photo isn't great quality, the hair has more texture. I got really into collage and using fortunes from fortune cookies. They're all a couple yrs old as I haven't had any inspiration lately. I know they aren't everybody's style but they're mine so I thought I'd share. I am planning to do a mural on our patio when I have the $ to buy the supplies.


What I'm going to do is buy boards from a hardware store and tack them over our fence around our patio. It'll be functional too since our fence doesn't go all the way to the ground. This means grass clippings and dirt blow in when the gardeners come. Makes the patio dirty. I'll put up photos of my progress once I get started. Hopefully soon, before it gets too cold. Yes, it gets cold in the Bay area. Mostly windy.
Ok, so in pressure sore news...since Drew has been home from the hospital we've been keeping track of his protein intake everyday. He has to have about twice as much as most of us. Protein bars, meat, eggs, Ensure shakes, etc...needless to say we're eating differently from each other. Well, I try not eat his stuff. I do want to still fit in my wedding dress! We don't have the $ to do that so, thankfully, Drew's parents have been helping us out w/groceries. We really appreciate it.
Also, he has an IV pump attached to his pick line dressings on his arm. Not fun at all. Hard to take a shower or move around much. It has a thin cord and this fanny pack like pouch. It pumps 4 times a day. He has to prime it periodically. They check it when the home nurses come. Speaking of, guess who didn't show up today? That's right our friendly Sutter nursing care! Drew called and they still never showed up. We have complained about this before. I even spoke to a supervisor about it. I think we'll have to do that again tomorrow. It's happened at least 4-5 times in the last 6 mos or so. We started Sutter in like March. So frustrating!!!!
Also, the new plastic surgeon at UCSF he was set up with claims he can't do the surgery fast enough. I guess he has too many lined up. So he's trying to get us to go back to using Ting (the one who did the bad dressings which led to another infection). Since we're adamant about that Drew's been trying to talk to him or his office and hasn't gotten any calls back today. Well, I have to change his dressing now. Yes, at 11 pm cuz it has to be done twice. Well, once today since Sutter never came and I had class all day. He's taking a shower now which is really hard w/the pump cuz he can't disconnect it like he could w/the wound vacuum he had before. In fact, another "fun" thing about the IV pump, the cord just got wrapped under his wheel and he had to be McGuyver again and get it out. Good night



What I'm going to do is buy boards from a hardware store and tack them over our fence around our patio. It'll be functional too since our fence doesn't go all the way to the ground. This means grass clippings and dirt blow in when the gardeners come. Makes the patio dirty. I'll put up photos of my progress once I get started. Hopefully soon, before it gets too cold. Yes, it gets cold in the Bay area. Mostly windy.Ok, so in pressure sore news...since Drew has been home from the hospital we've been keeping track of his protein intake everyday. He has to have about twice as much as most of us. Protein bars, meat, eggs, Ensure shakes, etc...needless to say we're eating differently from each other. Well, I try not eat his stuff. I do want to still fit in my wedding dress! We don't have the $ to do that so, thankfully, Drew's parents have been helping us out w/groceries. We really appreciate it.
Also, he has an IV pump attached to his pick line dressings on his arm. Not fun at all. Hard to take a shower or move around much. It has a thin cord and this fanny pack like pouch. It pumps 4 times a day. He has to prime it periodically. They check it when the home nurses come. Speaking of, guess who didn't show up today? That's right our friendly Sutter nursing care! Drew called and they still never showed up. We have complained about this before. I even spoke to a supervisor about it. I think we'll have to do that again tomorrow. It's happened at least 4-5 times in the last 6 mos or so. We started Sutter in like March. So frustrating!!!!
Also, the new plastic surgeon at UCSF he was set up with claims he can't do the surgery fast enough. I guess he has too many lined up. So he's trying to get us to go back to using Ting (the one who did the bad dressings which led to another infection). Since we're adamant about that Drew's been trying to talk to him or his office and hasn't gotten any calls back today. Well, I have to change his dressing now. Yes, at 11 pm cuz it has to be done twice. Well, once today since Sutter never came and I had class all day. He's taking a shower now which is really hard w/the pump cuz he can't disconnect it like he could w/the wound vacuum he had before. In fact, another "fun" thing about the IV pump, the cord just got wrapped under his wheel and he had to be McGuyver again and get it out. Good night
Labels: art, Drew's health, Fall 2005

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home