This is from Park Service website for Muir Woods in Marin. It's really pretty. I hope to go w/Drew as it's got smooth, paved trails.
The tissue flap surgery was supposed to be this week. Now we find out the plastic surgeon will be on vacation so it can't be until next month. Who knows when she'll be back! At this point, I'm about ready to cover up the wounds myself! He's been living with the first one for a year now!!! And the plastic surgeon, Dr Vivian Ting, is changing the way we treat them at home yet again (like the 3rd time in the last month). Have a I mentioned I'm not trained as a nurse?! Apparently she was complaining about the way I was doing the dressings despite the fact I did them EXACTLY as the discharging staff told me to (even following writen instructions!). I'm so fed up right now...
When I redid his dressing today and saw the one Dr Ting did I was appalled. I took pictures of it with the digital camera because it was so poorly done. When we go to Drew's parents tonight I'm going to show them. She put no tape on the bottom so it was just hanging open, with the wound exposed. It absolutely reeked from the wound being exposed. And now some of the tissue is black inside where it hadn't been the DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY! This again is negligence, in my opinion. Just like at John Muir. Too bad, John's name is attached to that place! Once again, I am livid with a plastic surgeon. What is wrong with these people? What is with their priorities? They all seem to have their heads in a place where the sun doesn't shine! We're going to talk to Dr Hamstra from San Ramon (he is a surgeon but not a plastic surgeon) about what he thinks we should do. He was good. Almost all the ppl at San Ramon were good, just the food sucked ;) Hopefully, there will be another plastic suregon at UCSF he can recommend.
What is with so many people's priorities these days? I am seriously baffled by the lack of humanity in people and complete heartlessness. People will say whatever they want regardless of how much they hurt others. Sometimes, these are the last people you would expect, too. One example,people in the medical profession who have said very insensitive things about Drew. One nursing supervisor actually said she felt sorry for me because "he probably couldn't do anything for himself". If spitting into the phone would've meant I'd have hit her in the head w/saliva, I would have. My polite upbringing through my mom goes out the window when people hurt those I love. When people make a cheap shot to make a point or try to tell you how to feel. Then, I don't give a crap. My ex best friend was the master of telling other people how to feel (or rather telling them not to feel). I refuse to put up with that now.
Anyway, just had to vent. I'm so sick of so many people right now. On the other hand, I have met some very lovely people lately, too. I will update everyone, as always!, with more about Drew's surgery.
FRIDAY NIGHT UPDATE as of 10:45 PM
He's been cold so we just took his temp and yep...102! God dammit! Sorry, I'm so pissed at the plastic surgeon cuz he was fine until he saw her and she changed his dressing. It's now got blackened tissue in the wound (wasn't there Wednesday morning). It's obvious he's got another infection in there. Which would mean going back to hospital again!! She didn't even put tape on the bottom of the dressing, it was just flapping in the wind! It smelled SOO bad. I just can't believe it! Of course, it's a Fri again so we have to wait til Mon. Even if we went to the hospital they wouldn't do much. Well, at UCSF they work on wknds but he'd prob still just sit in the ER all night. We'll see if we can get a hold of his regular practictioner (she's a family friend) tomorrow though. We still hope there is a better plastic surgeon at UCSF that can treat him. Please keep him in your thoughts. Thanks
Labels: Drew's health, Fall 2005, Mom

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home