I got this poster of the area my family lived for four months when I was a senior in high school. It's pretty close to Torino where the Winter Olympics are this year. In the Alps region of E. France and N. Italy. I really liked the design. Need to get it and some others framed. Drew's mom and I tasted cake at a bakery called Torino Baking today. The bakery chef named it that because she spent a lot of time in Torino. She's actually been in a couple of Food Network Cake Challenges. She does incredible work and was very nice. The cake was very good and I brought some home to Drew. We're gonna keep looking around. Hey, more cake to taste ;) Drew is really mad he can't go to those things with me. The catering and cake were the big ones he wanted to be a part of. Trying to find things he can do to feel involved. He's helping me with the music right now.Our apartment managers have decided to redo our shower in the bathroom. It is positioned so that the wall with the shower head is in the middle of the room. It has been leaking down that wall, under the floor tiles and starting to rot the material under the tiles. You can see that line of moisture in the picture. Also deteriorating the wall itself, too. So we're glad they're taking action. They are a pretty good management team over all. When we have maintenance needs they're pretty quick to repair. Looks pretty gross right now. The workers totally gutted it. They're going to put a new bench in since the old one was too unsteady and low to the ground for Drew.


It means I haven't been able to shower in it since Wed. They say they'll be done tomorrow but they didn't do anything today so I'm not holding my breath. I showered at Drew's parents today so I don't smell. More than I can say for Drew who hasn't gotten a real shower in over a month. Yeah, gross. But it's not his fault. Actually, he doesn't smell much at all considering. Good to know if we're ever stranded on a desert island together ;) So he's home but he's still bed-ridden (as we've been told by the home care) for another month. Yeah, more set backs. The small area that was leaking fluid but stopped has started leaking a tiny bit again. It's very small but it's in a place that could very easily get infected. The whole surgery area looks very good but he'll have big scars. I just saw it on Friday. No one understands why Dr Ting hasn't removed the stitches yet. All the nurses say they are very ready to come out. It's all very frustrating for him since his 30th birthday is Tuesday. I'd like to do something nice for him but he's not in a very party-like mood. And he can't get up so I'd have to be creative. Don't know if I should invite people over or not. Not how he wanted to spend it and last year wasn't much better.
Our wedding is in five months now and he gets more nervous that he'll be limited in his movements still then. I tell him we'll make it work and I can't imagine he'd still be bed-ridden then but I understand to him it seems like we never know what's going to happen. Most of us are used to some predictability in our lives. It's a luxury people around the world don't have and since all this happened he's one of them. So please keep us (esp him) in your thoughts.
Labels: Drew's health, Winter 2005-6

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home