Hannah and Drew

Our journey from engagement to the beyond!

Friday, June 22, 2007


"Don't smile until November." That's what I was told today by the El Cerrito High vice principal. She told me mine was "too pretty". Okay, news to me! I'm usually told I don't smile enough. ECHS is where I'll be observing in the fall and student teaching next spring. I had my placement interview this morning there. I took BART and it was so close. I thought it was further away from BART, but was only 5 blocks. This is the old building which was recently torn down. They are working totally out of portables until at least 2008. Not sure if the trees are there anymore but it is at the bottom of a hill. The school draws students from 7 nearby communities. From what I've seen it seems like a well-run school. of course, the VP we talked to will be going to work at a middle school in Richmond in the fall. She says she's been all over the place. They probably asked her to help them because she has lots of experience. She's almost ready to retire. I interviewed with a biology credential student. She told us some tricks she picked up over the years, like having only jumbo crayons for kids to use if they don't bring a pen or pencil. I didn't see any students really yet. Just one boy came in for his report card. I'll be going to their new teacher orientation in August even though I don't have a job there. Just to get to know the other teachers and hear about the school policies.

Drew did hear back from the principal about the tech job but she had forgotten he was in a wheelchair. So she was going to check about whether the job would work for him. He also heard from another principal about a potential tech job. It would be at a newer school that's more one story. But she's not sure if there will be a job yet. So, we're still waiting about those. Peter and his girlfriend found an apartment in San Francisco finally. They are moving in on the 1st. It is an upstairs unit. Our anniversary is a month from yesterday! We'll be going to Monterey.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home