We're counting down for two things right now. I finish my credential program, in six weeks, and we are going to Alaska in July. We are going with Drew's family for about a week. We are excited about it. It is a bit scary that I only have a month to finish all my work for the credential. Not as bad as I thought it might be though. I have a portfolio that is due in six weeks as well as some scattered assignments for my three classes. After being back in school for four years it will be weird to no longer be a student! But then I also have to find a job for the fall! Oh yeah, huh? I am going to a job fair in 2 weeks. Prior to that I need to speak to the principal at El Cerrito about any possibilities there. I'm sure everyone knows about the massive teacher lay offs this year in Calif. That makes us all nervous. I'm trying not to think about it. I am enjoying teaching although it is sometimes stressful to keep up with all the work. This is grading season. Quarter grades (the equivalent of semester grades on a regular schedule school) are due Tues. So I am quite busy. I also have to still plan somewhat for this week. We are heading into the Civil War and Reconstruction after a unit on Native Americans and Westward Expansion last week. I hope to update my student teaching blog in a couple of days. After grading is done. Drew has had his second stand up performance and did even better than the first time (by all accounts). I am sorry I had to miss it.
Hannah and Drew
Our journey from engagement to the beyond!
Sunday, April 06, 2008
We're counting down for two things right now. I finish my credential program, in six weeks, and we are going to Alaska in July. We are going with Drew's family for about a week. We are excited about it. It is a bit scary that I only have a month to finish all my work for the credential. Not as bad as I thought it might be though. I have a portfolio that is due in six weeks as well as some scattered assignments for my three classes. After being back in school for four years it will be weird to no longer be a student! But then I also have to find a job for the fall! Oh yeah, huh? I am going to a job fair in 2 weeks. Prior to that I need to speak to the principal at El Cerrito about any possibilities there. I'm sure everyone knows about the massive teacher lay offs this year in Calif. That makes us all nervous. I'm trying not to think about it. I am enjoying teaching although it is sometimes stressful to keep up with all the work. This is grading season. Quarter grades (the equivalent of semester grades on a regular schedule school) are due Tues. So I am quite busy. I also have to still plan somewhat for this week. We are heading into the Civil War and Reconstruction after a unit on Native Americans and Westward Expansion last week. I hope to update my student teaching blog in a couple of days. After grading is done. Drew has had his second stand up performance and did even better than the first time (by all accounts). I am sorry I had to miss it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home