Hannah and Drew

Our journey from engagement to the beyond!

Wednesday, September 07, 2011






Ding-dong, the big, bad sore is gone!

Well, it was never big actually, not compared to the ones he had a few years ago. But it was bad since all pressure sores are. Since I last posted, we had had a setback and he had to stay in bed all day for another week or so. But now it looks to be completely healed over! He's going to stay in bed one more day for most of the day, just to be sure. Then he'll be able to only be on the bed a little every day (aside from sleeping, of course) for a few more days. By next week he should be able to be up all day. He's been asked to perform at the World Series of Comedy in Las Vegas next week. Hopefully, he can still go. I may go with him so I can check on things to make sure nothing develops again. He can't see it very well if something were to develop, though he can use a mirror. I don't have a job yet and it's only for a few days. If I were to get a job between now and then, obviously I wouldn't go. We ordered an air cushion that's molded to fit a car's seat but it had to be back-ordered. So it isn't here yet. He's going to contact them tomorrow to check on it. If it doesn't come by then, he'll use the air cushion from his chair to sit on while he drives there.

I didn't get the job I interviewed for in Van Nuys. There is a school I applied to a few weeks ago that is still looking for someone for a social studies position. So I reapplied after noticing I failed to include something they wanted on the application. I'm going to wait a day and then go follow up. It's in Sherman Oaks, which is very close to us. I also applied for a long term sub position not far away. I'm trying to keep up hope! If I don't get something full time, I will have to substitute teach and hope that leads to something permanent. That would make it hard for us financially, of course.

This Saturday, since Drew's sore was almost invisible, we took a very short trip to the Santa Monica Pier/Beach. It's only about 15 mins away from us in traffic. Drew didn't actually get out of the car. It was so packed, there was nowhere to park but on a hill. So I just got out for a few minutes and took some pictures. Then we had dinner at the Robin Hood British Pub in Van Nuys. It was fun to go to a place that reminded us of Beckett's in Berkeley, where we had our first date. I used to always have a cider and curry fries at Beckett's. At Robin Hood I had the chicken curry pie and cider.

More photos of our excursions here:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home