Happy Thanksgiving! We had Drew's family over for the holiday and we did manage to get everyone to fit. Originally, Hannah's family was going to come as well, but her grandpa can't sit for 4 hours to travel here. It would have been super crowded then! We would have needed a card table in addition to our dining room one. Our new table even fits opened with six chairs around it with room for Drew to get around. We divided up the food responsibilities and shared making the turkey. We had two family friends of Drew's parents that live here in Southern California over for appetizers earlier in the day. They brought us a potted plant of sage, rosemary and thyme. It was a good thing because I had no sage for the turkey. We certainly got plenty of herbs into the turkey in the end. Amy and Hannah had a hard time telling which end of the turkey was up! Everything came out well and we had a good visit with everyone. Mary, Amy and Hannah spent a little time shopping in Studio City and everyone but Drew and I explored Hollywood a little. As you can see from the sunset photo, it's still quite warm here. It's a little weird that it's almost December and we still have windows open and fans on. Apparently Los Angeles hasn't yet gotten the memo that it's fall. You can see where I put up some enlargements of photos I've taken in Alaska, Yosemite and from our views. I think it looks nice on the wall. Our dining set actually matches the wall really nicely. The upholstery has a multi-colored palate with mauve as a dominant color. It also picks up the orange accents of our things in the living room nicely.
Labels: Drew's health

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home