Hannah and Drew

Our journey from engagement to the beyond!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I guess the biggest news here in the Bay Area is the Tahoe fire. It's destroyed about 200 homes and/or vacation houses and 1000 people were evacuated on Monday and Tuesday. The last I heard no one was injured but some lost everything. Very sad. It is not close to where Drew's parents have a timeshare.

I have good news to report. Hannah's grandma is doing much better. She hadn't been able to stand on her own or walk. My grandpa had been putting her in a wheelchair and pushing her around. Well, the last couple of weeks she has been doing balance therapy. It has really helped a lot. Now she can stand alone and walk with a cane. She'll be doing a few more sessions. She has been so depressed about not being able to walk so I know it has lifted her spirits. I still hope my grandparents' names come up on the list for the retirement home. They are on a waiting list.

I've been enjoying tutoring so far except when the parents change their schedules or where to meet. That's happened this week a lot and has made this low paying job temporarily stressful. But mostly, the two kids are very good. And the San Leandro Library is so nice. I guess I've mostly been to old, town libraries from like the 1960's that are kind of rundown. They have their own charm, too. I've been to one in Oakland and this one now in the Bay Area and they are so new and well kept up. This one even has a cafe (Bookmark Cafe) with the best Kona Coffee frappes. They're addicting.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home